Is data sovereignty important to you?
Data sovereignty itself is the concept that information which has been converted and stored in binary digital form is subject to the laws of the country in which it is located. Based on certain industries who rely on sending and receiving sensitive documents such as healthcare and government, this may be a key requirement for compliance reasons.
We speak with customers every day about how we handle data and why our security features are cut above the rest. For the most part of the time, we’re compared with internationally based competitors that claim their services provide ‘Australian data sovereignty’. There seems to be a common misconception that international cloud fax providers operating in Australia handle and store their data only within Australia.
Let’s be clear: “If your data is transmitted from a server located in Australia but the data is processed or stored on servers based overseas then you are NOT compliant with Australian Data Sovereignty requirements”.
If data security is a priority to your organisation or industry, ensure your faxing data always stays within Australia using GoFax ®.
GoFax ® offers a true data sovereignty option for online faxing services. This is an optional security advantage that GoFax offers over its competitors to ensure all data is kept and processed only within the country of origin. With all GoFax ® databases and infrastructure located within Australia, when using the Data Sovereignty option, your data will not leave the country or be subject to foreign laws.
GoFax ® offers best in class Data sovereignty for online faxing in Australia:
- Government approved secure co-locations that provide high level security, infrastructure redundancies and vulnerability risk management strategies.
- On-shore routing, processing and storage of information within Australia as well as all infrastructure owned by GoFax ®.
- Supplier SLA and confidentiality agreements to ensure intellectual property and customer data is secure.
- GoFax® is Government accredited GITC Q-5426 and QAssure-11225 assigned.
- GoFax ® works closely to meet strict security and compliance requirements for many of the top healthcare, government, legal and financial organisations handling sensitive data.
Want to know more?
Our expert team can answer any questions about data sovereignty for online faxing to ensure you meet compliance standards for your industry. With GoFax ®, data sovereignty can be activated instantly, so you can have total peace of mind around the security of your organisations data.
If you require any additional technical information around data sovereignty, get in contact.